On August 8th, 2017, at 4 p.m. the BRICS Policy Center will host the roundtable “A Resolução 1325: Implementando a Agenda de Mulheres, Paz e Segurança no Brasil” (Resolution 1325: Implementing the Women, Peace and Security Agenda in Brazil). The event is organized by the Global South Unit for Mediation (GSUM) with the support of Instituto Igarapé. The event aims at gathering together academia, civil society and government to debate, in a dynamic way, the different perspectives on the implementation of Resolution 1325.
The roundtable will have the participation of:
– Andréa Gill, Ph.D. in Political Science and Cultural, Social and Political Thought (University of Victoria) and professor of the Institute of International Relations (IRI/PUC-Rio).
– *Felix Würkert, visiting fellow of GSUM, research assistant at the Chair for Public Law of the Helmut-Schmidt-Universität
– Pérola de Abreu Pereira, speechwriter to the Brazilian Minister of Defense and advisor at the Minister’s cabinet, a member of the Ministry of Defense’s Gender Commission. She holds a Master (2013) degree in International Relations, both from the University of Brasília.
– Renata Giannini, Instituto Igarapé, Ph.D. in international studies from the Old Dominion University (Norfolk/United States). She holds a Master’s degree by the Programa de Pós-Graduação em Relações Internationais San Tiago Dantas (Unsp/Unicamp/PUC-SP).
– Thula Pires, Ph.D. in State Theory and Constitutional Law (PUC-Rio) and professor of the Undergraduate and Graduate Department of Law in the same institution.
Chair: Paula Drumond, Researcher of GSUM and Ph.D. in International Relations/Political Science from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID, Geneva).
We kindly ask you to R.S.V.P. to: firstname.lastname@example.org – Limited Seats.
The event will be held in Portuguese, with no simultaneous translation.
Felix’s participation will be in English, with no simultaneous translation.
The BRICS Policy Center is located at Rua Dona Mariana, 63 – Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro