BPC comments on the BRICS Summit in South Africa
On August 22, 2023, the 15th BRICS Summit begins in Johannesburg, South Africa. The event, which will take place on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th, will include a Business Forum, an exclusive event for heads of state and foreign ministers, the summit meeting between the bloc’s leaders and a meeting with member countries and nations interested in joining the bloc.
Check out the BRICS Policy Center’s participation in the press coverage of the BRICS Summit below.
- Télam: The importance of the Summit, new members and de-dollarization: Interview with Ana Garcia for the Argentine National News Agency Télam
- Jornal da Cultura: The 15th BRICS Summit and the entry of new members: Interview with Ana Garcia for TV Cultura
- Poder360: BRICS and its growing role in global GDP: Interview with Ana Garcia for the digital newspaper Poder360
- CGTN: Key points of the 15th BRICS Summit; new members and the creation of the common currency: Interview by Ana Garcia for the CGTN newspaper
- InfoMoney: Professor Ana Garcia takes part in an InfoMoney report on the BRICS Summit in South Africa
- Xinhua: BRICS and balance in current international relations: Ana Garcia’s interview for the Chinese media outlet Xinhua
- Poder360: South Africa, new members and global GDP: Ana Garcia’s interview for Poder 360 newspaper
- Newsweek, CNN e CBC: The expansion of the BRICS and the geopolitics of the Global South: Interview with Ana Garcia for Newsweek, CNN and CBC News
- Xinhua: Extraordinary features of the 15th BRICS Summit and cooperation: Ana Garcia interviewed by Xinhua News Agency
- Libération e RTVE: Potential expansion of the BRICS and individual perceptions: Interview with Ana Garcia for the newspaper Libération and the RTVE Podcast
- Brasil de Fato: BRICS expands historically and gains geopolitical weight with the entry of new members: Interview with Ana Garcia for the Brasil de Fato newspaper
- Le Monde Diplomatique: “Brics expanded, now what? New challenges for Brazilian foreign policy”: Opinion article by Ana Garcia and Pablo Ibañez on the Le Monde Diplomatique website